Breast Reduction Surgery Guidelines
Do you feel like this? In all seriousness though Breast reduction surgery in Columbus, Ohio can truly make a difference in a woman’s life. Most of our patients report that they have considered breast reduction surgery for years but it took awhile to build up the courage to schedule a consultation. While you are considering breast reduction surgery there are a few things that will make the process easier:
- Contact your insurance company or your employer’s human resources department and ask if your plan provides benefits for breast reduction surgery.
- Make certain that Dr. Christine Sullivan and The Sullivan Centre facility are both in-network.
- If you are over the age of 35, have a baseline mammogram. Your OBGYN or PCP should be able to assist you in scheduling this.
- Obtain written documentation from your PCP, OBGYN and/or Chiropractor stating that a breast reduction would be in your best interest.
- Try exercise, wide strapped bras and minimizing bras for relief prior to scheduling a consultation with Dr. Sullivan.
Perhaps the best tip is to plan ahead. It will often take 6-8 weeks for insurance approval and then another 3-6 weeks to have your breast reduction surgery. Most patients can expect to be off from work for about two weeks and will need assistance with childcare, car pooling, and cleaning. Patients report that the breast reduction surgery is the best
Ninety percent of breast reduction patients rated their outcome as “good” or “very good according to a study in the August issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery(R), the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). This study also states that the level of education provided to the patient prior to surgery and the patient’s confidence prior to the procedure have an important impact of the satisfaction results. The more informed and the better prepared, the more satisfied.